After quite a few months of development, the Samplitude Access V5.1 scripts are now available. Don’t be fooled by the small update number from V5.0 to V5.1.1, as this is the biggest update done so far! It was done this way, as v5 introduced a whole new structure for the code…and 5.1 follows in it’s path, with a whole new approach to obtaining information and an increase in accessibility.
There’s been quite a few issues that have had to be overcome, one of which was the introduction of the new API Accessibility Monitor technology in Jaws 2018. This is now an option for users and it seems as if this driver will probably take the place of the old legacy driver previously used in the future. So,, of course, things don’t always work the way you want…and this driver brought quite a few challenges to the table. From not being able to find colour to reading ghost text on the screen, it soon became obvious that the current way of obtaining information in some circumstances, wasn’t compatible with this driver. There are definite bugs, but when these bugs will be addressed is anyone’s guess, so, in order to keep development on track, I totally re-wrote many areas of the scripts to accommodate both Jaws drivers…otherwise, we were just heading down a dead end.
In hindsight, this forced me to make changes that have drastically improved many areas of the scripts. So, here’s a list of what’s been done and what to expect in this release.
- Samplitude Access is now available in a 32bit and 64 bit installer.
- The VIP UI has been totally redesigned to allow for specific information to be available to the scripts.
- The installer now takes care of all standard system settings and the needed UI, so no need to import any INZ files, unless you want to configure Samplitude to a dedicated optomised state. If this is the case, we supply you with an Optimised.INZ file.
- Zoom mode is no longer needed for object selection.
- All object, position/time and metering information is now taken from off screen sources.
- Reading meters is now available directly from the VIP.
- Select specific ranges with a new “From and Through” feature.
- Toggle the grid on/off in order to work with transport movements as little as 1MS/half a tick.
- Get spoken feedback of object volume and object mute status directly from the VIP.
- A totally re-written Midi Editor brings flexibility and a new workflow to the user.
- Select multiple contiguous/non contiguous objects, manage grouped objects and keep track of your objects in a project with the new Object Manager scripts.
- Select multiple contiguous/non contiguous tracks and move tracks up/down in the new track Manager scripts.
- Tab through only the relevant controls in the track Editor that are not available in the VIP.
- All Control plus Windows plus number row keystrokes have been replaced with control plus shift plus number row keystrokes for easier execution.
- Create a DDP easily with the new set of DDPExport scripts.
- Extensive scripting for Independence now allows you to route instruments to their own channels, split instruments like drum kit pieces to their separate outputs and access controls like volume, pan, attack and release…plus more.
- The guitar/bass plugin Vandal is now heavily supported. It gives access to amps, amp types, stompboxes, microphones, scenes and a whole host of routing possibilities.
- Plus many more changes! Please read all the included documentation for details.
As always, huge thanks go out to the beta team, Phil, Len and Can for their invaluable input into this project.